Our engineering department is multi-facet, having evolved from electrical only in the 1980's to a vibrant multi-field company. Our past projects have shown our capabilty to undertake many challenging jobs. The Company has abundant expertise and experiences in building, municipal works, power plant and energy.
Since inception in 1980 Island Enterprises Ltd has undertaken projects in all Provinces of the Solomon’s is well known for successful completion of work at times specified. Work has included but not limited to:
• Supply and installation of 2 x 60kva with switch board and 2 x 120kva generators with switch board for SIEA Malu’u and Kirakira power station.
• Supply and installation of High Lifts pumps and new control board, submersible pumps with new control boards for SIWA Noro pump station, SIWA Mataniko pump station and Kongulai pump station.
• Supply and installation of a 150kva stand-by generating set for SIEA head office at Ranandi.
• Rehabilitation of Kilufi hospital water supply and switch board upgrade.
• Supply and install of 2 x 500kva standby Cummins set for Pacific Casino.
• Ministry of agriculture installation of water pumps.
• Supply and installation of 1 x 900kva standby generator with ATS for the NPF Saru building at Point Cruz
• Installation of pumps, tanks for the Rove Police Head Quarter.
• Construction of a new water supply for GBR, RAMSI base consisting of three bore holes with submersible borehole pumps installations and commissioning.
• Installation of a new 500kl fresh water storage tank for Solomon Islands Brewerys Limited.
• Supply and installation of 2 x 75kw electric pump sets with associated feed pumps and controls for SIWA’s Noro town water supply. These sets replaced the failed diesel powered sets.
• Replacement of failed diesel generating sets for Waimapura National Secondary School, Makira Province. Replaced again 12 years later.
• Supply and installation of 75kva diesel generating set and associated pumps for Lata, Temotu Province. Upgraded / rehabilitated some 10 years later.
• Supply and installation automatic / enclosed stand-by diesel generating sets for Solomon Telekom in all their installations from Taro in the West to Lata in the East, including 3 x 250kva sets in Honiara. Total in all of some 20 plus units. We currently carrying out routine maintenance and servicing for all Solomon Telekom standby gensets around Honiara.
• Supply and install the lighting system at the Lawson Tama stadium, upgrading it to meet the FIFA standard.
• Island Enterprises Ltd provides fuelling / servicing to numerous sets in and around Honiara.
• Supply and install of Fire Hydrant for the Patrol Boat base.
• Supply of hardware materials to Solomon Island Rural Development Projects.
• Supply and installation of 2 x 750KW Blackstone 11kv diesel generators [in sound attenuated canopies in the Honiara power station for SIEA.
• Sewerage rehabilitation project for the national referral hospital, supplying and installation of piping and pump stations.